Dedicated Health Care Expertise To Manage Your Risk In Fast-Changing Times
- Uncertainty: Health care reform’s impact on risk is yet to be determined
- Complexity: Health care’s intricacies create risk
- Volatility: Injured patients, especially children, heighten exposure to risk
- Liability: Reform creates new and expanded exposures to risk
The Willis Health Care Practice helps you turn these challenges into opportunities.
Manage risk in a volatile environment
Health care reimbursement models are changing rapidly. More physicians are employed by hospitals today than ever before. Construction of all types of health care facilities is at an historic high. Obstetric and pediatric health care professional liability risks are the most volatile and must be aggressively managed.
We help you creatively finance and manage health care risk.
Navigate the uncertainty of health care reform
Health care reform creates and enhances risk in a vital industry, but there is great uncertainty and a complexity of risk confronting health care organizations.
We help you keep your focus on the health care horizon.
Master professional liability risks
Reimbursement cuts potentially affect staffing, risk management, and patient safety. Electronic medical records should improve patient care but may adversely affect the defensibility of litigation.
We help you manage traditional as well as emerging health care professional liability risks.
Manage enterprise risk
Accountable care organizations, mergers and acquisitions, and consolidation create enterprise liability. Enterprise risk management strategies encompass all aspects of risk including operational and financial risk as well as contingent and catastrophic risk.
We have the risk analytic tools to help you manage enterprise risk.
What We Offer Our Health Care Clients
A worldwide pool of health care expertise
The Willis Health Care Practice is a worldwide insurance and risk management network dedicated solely to the health care industry. Our team offers pooled intellectual capital and deep industry experience in:
- Health Care Property and Casualty insurance
- Alternative risk transfer
- Enterprise risk management with special emphasis on all aspects of Health Care Professional Liability
This wide range of expertise allows us to address the specific needs of the dynamic health care industry. In addition to clinical risk management and claims management consultants, national Health Care Practice members have specific expertise in all industry segments:
- Hospitals/integrated delivery systems
- Physicians/groups/Employed physicians
- Long-term care
- Managed care organizations
- Miscellaneous health care facilities
- Life sciences
Hands-on, individualized service
We have invested in the resources necessary to provide you – the health care industry client – with the service you need in insurance brokerage, risk analytics, clinical risk management consulting and claims management.
In an industry where the human touch is so highly valued, we serve as a hands-on extension of our clients’ risk management departments. We recognize that every health care provider and facility is unique in their risk financing and risk control needs, particularly as they confront the revolutionary changes in health care delivery in the U.S.
Extensive network to get you the best price
We deliver excellence in managing and reducing total cost of risk through a closely linked national and international network of health care brokers in our retail offices, supported by the broad expertise of our national Health Care Practice consultants and the global placement capability of our dedicated health care brokers in London and Bermuda.
Related risk services
The Health Care Practice can also draw upon the extensive global resources of Willis for these related services:
- Risk analytics and Enterprise Risk Management (Willis Enterprise & Risk Finance Practice)
- Actuarial Practice
- Captive insurance company/risk retention group creation and management (Captive Practice)
- Property Resource Group
- Executive Risks Practice
- Market Security Group
- Environmental Practice
- Network Privacy Risk/Cyber Risk Practice
- Employee Benefits Practice
Health care-related property and casualty lines
Our dedicated industry experts work with the full range of Property and Casualty insurance lines, including:
- Health Care/Hospital Professional and General Liability
- Nursing Home Professional and General Liability
- Miscellaneous Health Care Facility Liability
- Managed Care Errors and Omissions
- Managed Care, Provider, and Employer Excess of Loss (Stop-Loss)
- Medical Products and Clinical Trial Liability
- Directors & Officers Liability
- Employment Practices Liability
- Billing Errors & Omissions
- Network Privacy/Cyber Risk Liability
- Auto Fleets
- Aviation Liability